Axcet is the largest privately owned Professional Employers Organization (PEO) in Kansas City. We partner with businesses to help them cost-effectively outsource the management of their human resources, employee benefits, payroll, and risk management/safety programs.
Our mission is to help our clients earn a greater return on their largest investment, their employees.
We are seeking an experienced Safety and Health Consultant to assist our client companies in creating, promoting and maintaining a safe and OSHA-compliant work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety Management, Risk Management or related discipline
- Five years of experience in Safety and Health, Loss Prevention or Risk Management
- Professional designation such as: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) preferred
- Proven track record of lowering incident rates and establishing safety and health programs
- Effective problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including building relationships with senior leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including proven experience in group presentations and group facilitation
- Ability to analyze and evaluate safety and occupational health issues, conditions, and practices affecting diverse work environments and operations
- Knowledge of occupational safety and health inspection and investigation techniques and methods
- Demonstrated ability to develop and conduct safety training programs for a variety of exposures including hazard communication, lock-out/tag-out, powered industrial truck operation, personal protective equipment, confined space entry, fall protection, blood borne pathogen, arc flash protection.
- Certified CPR/AED/ First Aid Instructor preferred
This position is based in our Overland Park KS office. All required travel will be in the Kansas City Metro area.
Axcet HR Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.