Acuity seeks an experienced Loss Control Representative to conduct surveys and prepare survey reports for the Commercial Underwriting department. This individual will provide loss control assistance and advice to policyholders and agents. In addition, the Loss Control Representative will make recommendations to reduce the severity and frequency of loss exposures at insured accounts. They also assist in creating and implementing custom safety and training programs for service accounts.
The Loss Control Representative will operate within and expected to be a resident Kansas.
- Collects appropriate information on prospects and policyholders regarding the degree to which they conform to company underwriting standards. This process includes a thorough review of operations, analysis of loss history, analysis of hazards and controls, and recognition of key risk differential features.
- Prepares objective written reports evaluating and grading accounts in comparison to other like businesses.
- Meets productivity goals per company standards and completes survey reports within 5 working days of survey.
- Conducts regular service calls to assist policyholders with their loss control efforts by helping them establish effective hazard controls. Submits recommendations for account improvement conforming to company and applicable consensus standards.
- Utilizes technical references such as NFPA, OSHA, DOT, and NIOSH.
- Studies safety magazines, publications, and company distributed directives.
- Assists in safety meetings and/or supervisory training sessions at policyholder’s locations.
- Maintains contacts with agency personnel in their territory.
- Expand technical knowledge and stay current on industry topics through self-study and professional safety and loss control organizations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record to operate a corporate vehicle.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A college degree from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Safety, Engineering, Science or other acceptable curriculum or equivalent.
Five years experience in loss control with a multi-line insurance company.
- Ability to work well with policyholders, prospects, agents, and company personnel.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must have functional PC skills.
ACUITY PROVIDED EQUIPMENT
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses
- Various company assigned resource or reference materials
- Dual Monitors, Notebook PC, software, and accessories
- 4-in-1 printer/scanner/fax/copy machine
- Company car
- iPhone and iPad
- Mini Projector (Upon Request
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $155,000 annually. This salary range is an estimate and the actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This job is classified as exempt.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.