Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an “A” (excellent) rated organization from A.M. Best Company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, and have more than $835.9 million in Direct Written Premiums and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Risk Management/Loss Control Consultant to join our team in the St. Louis or Kansas City, MO area.
Performs insurance risk management surveys on complex risk, to attain policy holder risk improvement through reduction of safety hazards. Promotes markets and otherwise advances the Company through relationships with their exclusive or dedicated Partners for Success® (PFS) Agency and their clients.
- Execute consultative risk management surveys at policyholders’ premises and develop loss prevention program recommendations based on observations made during the survey.
- Collaborate with underwriters to provide risk management risk recommendations and participate with underwriting and claims in complex risk new business acquisition and account retention.
- Conduct training sessions for the policyholder in loss prevention techniques.
- Promote markets and otherwise advances the Company through relationships with their exclusive or dedicated agency and their clients.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to assigned PFS agent(s) on risk management matters.
- Mentor and train other risk management consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree in risk management or a related field.
- 3 years of experience in safety, risk management or engineering.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated successful ability to build positive relationships and partnerships within department, across the organization and with external customers.
- Excellent organizational skills, including ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with ambiguity.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel daily, which includes driving between local and long distance locations.
- Occasional overnight travel up to 25%.
- Insurance experience preferred but not mandatory.
- CSP, ARM or CHSM designation a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Qualified candidates can apply online at www.amerisure.com, requisition # JR-000524.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.