Location: Valley City, ND
Company: John Deere
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more… many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
As a Safety Professional for John Deere in Valley City, ND, you will be responsible for implementing unit safety and environmental management programs. In addition, you will:
- Assure unit compliance within safety programs by meeting both regulatory and company standards.
- Complete risk assessments and develop processes/programs to close identified gaps.
- Collaborate across multiple functions to drive necessary changes, provide training, and ensure alignment with planned and proposed changes.
- Be responsible for case management of incidents within facility, and develop working relationships with external agency representatives.
- Complete internal program audits per program requirements.
- Function as a resource to management and unit employees to comply with program and regulatory requirements.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Experience with safety management systems and industry standards
- Experience with governmental/agency regulatory requirements and legislation
- Experience with manufacturing processes and factory operations
- Experience training other employees
- Skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience in safety, ergonomic, or environmental programs in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to complete ergonomic assessments and provide recommendations
- Ability to manage multiple projects at any given time
Education (or equivalent work experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in science, engineering, safety, or environment
What You’ll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you’ll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.