Is your company looking for a qualified and experienced Safety Professional? Contact David Hallerud to have your opening posted here and distributed amongst ASSP Heart of America Chapter members.
Our Risk Solutions (Loss Control) department is seeking a Senior Risk Solutions Consultant to join our growing team in the Milwaukee, WI or Chicago, IL areas.
This position is based from your home office. A company vehicle, laptop and iPhone are provided.
The Risk Solutions Consultant delivers high quality risk evaluations and loss analysis of prospective or existing Commercial policyholders to identify risk, exposure and controls for multiple lines of business, while reporting results for underwriting. The position is an active member of the underwriting team responsible for medium to large commercial accounts.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.Read More
A national occupational health service provider is seeking a motivated, disciplined, and goal-oriented leader with broad scope Industrial Hygiene, Safety and Environmental management experience. The successful candidate will have demonstrated management, leadership, and technical competencies in the areas of industrial hygiene, environmental, safety, and emergency management disciplines. The candidates must be Certified in Industrial Hygienist by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene. The position requires knowledge and application in the development of innovative solutions for a variety of clients.Read More
Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc. is currently seeking a full-time Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Specialist. For over 40 years, Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc. has been a leading paving contractor based in Topeka, Kansas. Bettis Asphalt portfolio includes Highways, Streets, Airports, Office/Retail Centers, Large Industrial Parks, Banks, Hotels, Apartments, Restaurants, and Residential Developments. This position will provide project management and supervision to the EHS Program requirements in a construction environment, focused on Heavy Highway Civil Construction including earth moving equipment, bridge construction, surface mining, trucking, and concrete and asphalt operations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will work with the EHS Manager in planning, developing and, administering an effective Environment, Health & Safety management program at several different sites. This position will include being able to execute the EHS program at the site level, and provide strategic guidance to employees on all EHS related issues.
- Coordinate and promote EHS programs and policies. This includes interpreting government and corporate EHS regulations and policies.
- Develop and deliver EHS training to employees, supervisors and managers.
- Prepare for, participate in and follow up on Safety Audits/Inspections.
- Ensure compliance with all pertinent environmental requirements, programs and regulations.
- Coordinate incident/injury investigations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in occupational health and safety or related degree. Internship or 1+ year experience preferred. Relocation to the area required, must live within 50 miles of Topeka, KS.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations specifically in Kansas.
- Experience in handling EHS compliance issues, including evaluating/interpreting MSHA, OSHA, EPA, KDHE, ATF and DOT regulations.
- Required skills include: strong communication, technical writing, training, analytical, time management and organizational skills.
- Must be self-driven; possess excellent interpersonal skills with all employee levels.
- Demonstrated commitment to safety.
- Ability to manage multiple on-going tasks to meet deadlines.
WHAT BETTIS OFFERS YOU
- Highly competitive base pay.
- The company will pay most of the “employee” health insurance plan provided by Blue Cross of Kansas.
- Company funded term life insurance.
- Group retirement savings program eligible after one year of service (2 enrollment periods per year – July 1 and January 1). The Company will contribute/match funds up to 4% of your total compensation into the 401K plan. The company may also contribute to a voluntary profit sharing plan based on the overall annual performance of the Company. Contributions to the profit sharing plan are at the discretion of the Company’s management.
- A company vehicle and fuel is provided.
- Two weeks paid vacation will be provided per year. Three weeks of paid vacation after five years of employment.
- Five days of sick leave will be provided annually.
- Paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
Performs activities concerned with contract administration and job cos ting by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL JOB COST FUNCTIONS
- Set up job folders, maintain job folders, break down estimates into task codes and enter details into Customer Relations Software (CRM ) and Timberline Ac counting Software.
- Maintain paperwork as required by jobs (and specifications if applicable).
- Set up and invoice jobs, either T & M or as specifications require, as early as possible.
- Reproduce Certified Payrolls, and other job related labor re ports as required by project.
- Transfer materials to jobs.
- Calculate the cost of materials on T & M tickets and lo ad lists on larger jobs. Track job labor and costs to assure accuracy in details.
- Maintain Profit/Loss reports in job folders to assure accuracy of details and history. Enter closeout details in Timberline and Close-Out Detail reports.
- Price out all T & M tickets for salesmen approval. Invoice all jobs. Secure lien waivers that are needed for job collections from different parties as required.
- In conjunction with salesmen, make out schedule of values, prepare formal Change Order paperwork and enter details in Timberline. Review and edit all details as thoroughly as possible to assure accuracy.
- Prepare close out paperwork, secure Consent of Sureties, final liens, etc., as required to close out jobs. Track warranty paperwork. Secure Superintendent’s signature on job completion on warranty application. Confer with Sales before delivering warranty to Own er or Contractor.
- Produce monthly customer statements, edit and prepare for mailing.
- Collection of Accounts Receivable
- Review specifications for insurance and bonding requirements and request them as needed. Check for any unusual paperwork demands and bring to attention of salesman.
- Make sure warranty paperwork and completion notice has been sent into the material manufacturer when job is completed.
- Process daily cash receipts and enter into Timberline.
- Perform monthly work- in-progress calculations for ongoing projects and repairs.
- Update and upload job transactions to CRM software.
OTHER RELATED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes and organizes office operation s and procedures such as filing systems and other clerical services to maximize office productivity.
- Answer, screen an d facilitate incoming telephone calls and emails; and/ or take and deliver accurate messages.
- Assist customers and contractors with their inquiries to ensure custom er satisfaction.
- Write, edit, proofread and publish correspondence, reports, proposals and other documents; filing, copying, facsimiles and shredding of documents to provide maximum efficiency and productive procedures to our customers and employees.
- Enter proposals into CRM software.
- Maintain records and assist sales staff with completion of bid documents.
- Complete bidding forms and qualification forms.
- Ensure the use of up to date business forms and bidding documents.
- Assist other staff members as requested.
- Professional communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to use Microsoft Windows Office Pro grams including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Must type accurately and proficiently.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines and make effective decisions.
- College graduate or equivalent Contract Administration Experience.
Spear Power Systems is changing the way our world moves people and goods across land, sea, air, and space by designing and manufacturing safe, high performance battery systems. Our team members are creative, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial partners in our success.
EHS Specialist (EHSS) serves as a designated safety representative for facility, coordinating and implementing all areas of a Safety Program. incumbent is responsible for creating, coordinating and maintaining company policies adhering to local, State and Federal environmental, health and safety regulations. EHSS evaluates the organization’s procedures, facilities, and equipment by conducting inspections to identify unsafe conditions and to implement safeguards and solutions. EHSS promotes a positive safety culture while complying with Spear safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment. This includes conducting trainings and coaching associates on observed work habits.Read More