Is your company looking for a qualified and experienced Safety Professional? Contact David Hallerud to have your opening posted here and distributed amongst ASSP Heart of America Chapter members.
Positions will be filled in location listed above for the US Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Region VII Kansas City. Positions are inside the bargaining unit, require pre-employment physical and a valid drivers license. Additional selections may be made from this announcement if funding becomes available. Learn more about this agencyRead More
Honeywell – Kansas City, MO
- Coordinate and perform HS&E activities and programs directed toward preventing accidents, eliminating safety hazards, pollution prevention, waste minimization, implementing HS&E programs, and achieving compliance with current Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) regulations, and Department of Energy (DOE) laws and directives
- Prepare, revise, and update plans, procedures, and manuals used to identify various job related hazards, establish safe work procedures to reduce injuries and illnesses, and control the operating envelope
- Develop and administer specific HS&E programs as directed
- Facilitate HS&E projects, technical and/or operational efforts, including the application of sound management techniques to reduce costs and improve operations
- Provide necessary support to new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements within the HS&E division in efficiency of services performed
- Assist management to define, coordinate, and implement procedural changes to assure cost·effective operations
- Perform regular and random HS&E inspections to identify unsafe actions or conditions. Provides written reports of findings and conducts follow·up inspections to assure deficiencies are corrected
- Provide guidance and support to supervision, and salaried and hourly personnel to identify and solve HS&E concerns, ensuring that HS&E initiatives are understood and shared.
- Serve as a liaison between the department(s), other HS&E technical disciplines, and DOE. Obtains interpretations of codes, standards, state, federal and city regulations, and DOE Laws and Directives provided by these organizations