Thank you for participating in the 2021 HOA Chapter Survey. To download and view the results, click here.
Attend any of these FREE Courses*
2-Day Hazardous Materials Instructor Training
- A deep dive into the Hazardous Materials Regulations (HMR) with each student receiving the latest 49 CFR Parts 100-185
- Learn how to properly package hazardous materials, how to mark and label the package, placard a vehicle… and more!
2-Day HazMat Prep & Response Class
- Introduce attendees to the 2020 Emergency Response Guidebook and GHS compliant SDS’s
- How to interact with first responders when they arrive on scene, and how you fit into the ICS system
- This class qualifies for HAZWOPER Refresher Training hours(8)!
2-Day Hazardous Materials Security Class
- 49 CFR 172.800 Subpart I Safety and Security Plans
- Learn the components of a personalized and effective security plan
- Team exercises in identifying threats and developing your own effective security plan
*All classes are delivered via a live webinar on the Zoom platform. Classes are scheduled on different time zones and run through July 2021!
For the 2021-2022 year we have a President Elect/Vice President position open and a Treasurer position open. Below are the candidates who have come forward to fill these roles.Read More
Dear Heart of America Members,
As you know, healthcare professionals… doctors, nurses, paramedics, EMT’s… are in desperate need of personal protective equipment, and their supplies are either dwindling or completely exhausted. I’ve been in contact with several of our healthcare HOA members, and they are reporting the same challenges.
With many businesses temporarily shut down, we’re asking whether your organization has extra PPE that isn’t being used, or if you know of a source that has a stockpile (or even a handful) that can be repurposed for our first responders and hospitals. In particular, they’re needing:
- N95 respirators
- Medical gowns
- Face shields
Donors can establish a named academic scholarship or professional education grant fund through the ASSP Foundation. Scholarships and grants advance the safety profession and provide national recognition for the donor. The Foundation manages the administrative details of this program and works with the donor to provide qualified award recipients each year.