January 21, 2022
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
Topic Suicide Prevention & Mental Health in the Workforce
ASSP Heart of America is honored to host Brandon Anderson with the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of Missouri, addressing an issue that affects employees professionally and personally, in all industries.
In a largely male dominated industry, where there’s a stigma associated with talking about feelings, construction workers have the highest suicide rate of any industry – 53.2 suicides per 100,000 workers, as reported by the CDC. Through his work experience, research, and working with other professionals dealing with this epidemic, Brandon’s session will focus on:
- How to break that stigma through education, courage, and compassion
- Identify warning signs
- How to start a conversation to instill HOPE that you are not alone
- Identify resources available to the workforce
Speaker Brandon Anderson, Vice President of Safety at AGC of Missouri.
With 24 years of experience in construction, Mr. Anderson prior to joining AGCMO in 2020 as safety consultant, he was employed by the Missouri Department of Transportation for 17 years, including 15 years as a lead safety and employee development instructor. With a background of working alongside and leading “boots on the ground employees”, safety and employee development training; he brings real world knowledge, perspective and experience to the table.
We are excited to host our first in-person session in over a year and a half! We also realize there may be some concern about meeting in person. Accordingly, we’re offering a hybrid meeting so members can participate virtually.
If you choose to attend in person, we are taking certain precautions to assure your safety.
- If you have a fever, chills, or experience any of the COVID symptoms, please do not attend.
- We will be following ASSP (download the release form), OSHA, CDC, KCMO, and Jackson County COVID precautions. At the present time, masks are not required but you should feel free to wear a face cover.
- Attendees will be asked to sign an ASSP Waiver.
- Attendance has been capped. Room capacity is for 96 people, but it will be limited to facilitate social distancing.
- Shaking hands is discouraged.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Individual boxed lunches will be provided.
Questions or concerns should be directed to Tom Metzner at email@example.com.
Venue: Lockton Headquarters